This quick omelette with a Mexican twist is amazing! AND Whole30 compliant.
- 1 egg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 spoonfuls of pico de gallo (You can buy some from any supermarket – I used Pete’s – or make your own.)
- Tajín seasoning
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Pico de Gallo:
- Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper in large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper to preference. Beat well.
- Heat a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in a small frying pan on a low heat.
- Add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly. The omelette will begin to cook and firm up, but still have a little raw egg on top.
- Use a spatula to ease around the edges of the omelette and fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
- Slice the avocado and place it on top. Add the pico de gallo on top.
- Sprinkle with Tajín. Enjoy!
I was looking for a Whole30 compliant snack to hold me over between meals (and to help make sure that I was consuming enough calories) when I came across these sweet treats. They are delicious and an instant hit with T4 (and friends).
- 1 lb pitted dates
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Blend dates, almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor (or blender) until well mixed.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. (The dates are very sweet, so I personally prefer smaller balls.)
- Toss balls into dried coconut flakes. The mixture is very sticky, so the coconut coating makes the balls less sticky.
- Enjoy! Refrigerate the rest.