I was looking for a Whole30 compliant snack to hold me over between meals (and to help make sure that I was consuming enough calories) when I came across these sweet treats. They are delicious and an instant hit with T4 (and friends).
- 1 lb pitted dates
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Blend dates, almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor (or blender) until well mixed.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. (The dates are very sweet, so I personally prefer smaller balls.)
- Toss balls into dried coconut flakes. The mixture is very sticky, so the coconut coating makes the balls less sticky.
- Enjoy! Refrigerate the rest.